There are flat-rate taxis and metered taxis readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. We recommend you have the address of your hotel written in both English and Arabic to give to the driver.
Cost: approximately SAR 100 to go to downtown Riyadh.
If you're thinking about renting a car from the arrivals hall of Terminals 1, 2 or 3, please be aware that women are not allowed to drive on public roads in Saudi Arabia.
Riyadh Metro is currently under construction. It is expected to be fully operational by 2019 and will connect Terminal 5 in King Khalid International Airport.
King Khalid International Airport is located 35 kilometers north of Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. It is the second biggest airport in Saudi Arabia, after Jeddah airport, and it consists of five passenger terminals as well as one royal terminal.
- Terminal 1 is used for all international flights (except those operated by Saudia, Air France, and Middle East Airlines, which are Skyteam members and Flynas).
- Terminal 2 is used by all international flights for Skyteam members, including Saudia, and Flynas.
- Terminal 3 is closed for renovations.
- Terminal 4 is under development.
- Terminal 5 is used by Saudia and Flynas for domestic flights.
Walkways: Terminals 1 and 2 are linked by a moving walkways. Terminal 5 is connected by shuttle bus.
There is also a royal terminal that is reserved for Heads of State and other VIP personalities. The building has different gardens and fountains and links directly with the mosque.
for access to departure times, security waiting times, Airport Wi-Fis, lounge access and more King Khalid International Airport